Friday, September 19, 2008

Leading into a Race Weekend

This weekend I am doing Nathan's sprint triathalon. Funny how I still get nervous with something so short. But the last time I did this course at the SheRox tri I had my first and only DNF (did not finish). Last year I did a 1:30:24 in this race and I really want to do better. I feel stronger.

I down play what I want to do to everyone, including myself. But inside, I want to do well. I want a good race, why can't I push myself to go harder, train harder? I think that's why I like Ironman so much, people are impressed if you jut finish. In a sprint just finishing means nothing unless you're in your 70's.

The race is a 750M swim, 13.75 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run.

I want to go as hard as I can for as long as I can. Let's see what I can actually do . . . .stay tuned.

No comments: