Tuesday, May 19, 2009

5 Weeks Remaining - Week Of 5/10 - 5/16

Total Time - 21:16:31
 
Workouts Missed - None
 
I am so glad this week is over.  By the end of the week I was so tired, but I have to tell you I am writing this after Tempe International and I feel pretty decent.  I am really looking forward to recovery week.  Only one more hard week and it's taper time. Yeah, I love taper. 
 
Sunday - This run sucked, I sucked.  I know you said that I had to "nail this", well I didn't it nailed me. It kicked me in the ass. Now I know that yesterday was a very long day for me in the sun and heat, so it makes sense that this run was so hard. I could feel myself getting slower and slower. I started to bonk badly at about 10.5 miles and had to run home, I downed some cold Gatorade and a coke, took in a Gu and felt better, so I finished the run.  I could not get out of zone 1 to save my life, I couldn't even try to get out of zone 1.
 
Distance - 20.0 miles, Time - 3:59:50, Pace - 12:00 (my dream IM pace), HR - 129
Miles 1 - 5: Pace - 11:14, HR - 136
Miles 6 - 10: Pace - 11:41, HR - 124
Miles 11 - 15: Pace - 12:35, HR - 124
Miles 15 - 20: Pace - 12:28, HR - 136
 
Ok, so writing this out I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I did or as bad as I felt.  But I sure hope I feel better on Ironman, because I felt like hell today.  After this I enjoyed the rest of my Mother's Day with my kids. It was awesome.
 
Total Time - 3:59:50

Monday - I moved my swim to tomorrow.

Spin - Ok 90 minutes on the trainer.  It actually felt good, it was an easy spin though, I won't lie.

Total Time 1:30:00

Tuesday - Swim - This swim sucked. I was on call and I hate swimming while I am on call. It takes forever.  Then I accidentally hit the wrong button on my watch so my laps weren't counting.  Ugh, but I know I did 3000 and my time was about 1:15:00 (because of checking my stupid on call pager)

Run - 7 easy miles at lunch, damn it's getting hot out.  But I sure do love the easy slow miles. I really do, I think some people are speed junkies other's re endurance junkies. You just happen to be both.  For some reason these runs a few days after my long weekends I ALWAYS feel much better, my heart rate is higher, my legs feel better, I feel better.

Distance - 7.0 miles, Time - 1:13:25, Pace - 10:29, HR - 146 (upper zone 2, yeah!)

Spin Class - trying to control it. I was so so so happy that it was a high easy cadence night. Whew, I did not have gear pushing in me.

Total Time - 3:43:25

Wednesday Swim - my swim was great. I can't tell you how nice it was to ONLY have that on my schedule.  I don't know how I am going to be able to have the same speed in open water that I have in the pool.  Keep in mind these times include kicking, paddles and buoy.  I made sure to check myself at 3800 meters, which was 1:27:14.

4000 meters -  1:31:44, Pace - 2:17

Total Time - 1:31:44

ThursdaySpin - only 70 minutes, this was nice.  I can' figure out why I sweat so badly on the trainer in the morning, but I do.

Run - This was a kick ass run. A friend actually came down to run it with me, which is nice.  So, I really tried to keep my heart rate in zone 3.

Distance - 8.31, Time - 1:22:24, Pace - 9:55, HR - 161 (the last beat of zone 3)

Total Time - 2:32:24

FridayThis was a very hard ride, but probably not as hard as CDA is going to be.  I was totally bonking at mile 70 (as you know).  I felt much better on the last 40 miles then I did the first 70. 

Distance - 110 miles, Time - 7:03:57, Pace - 15.6mph, HR - 121 (yes, still in zone 1 . . . .this is crazy)
 
My run - I actually felt pretty decent on my run, which is amazing to me.
 
Distance - 5.07 miles, Time - 55:11, Pace - 10:53, HR - 141 (zone 2 at last)
 
Total Time - 7:59:08

Saturday - What an awesome rest day. Cruising around the lazy river at the Marriot.  Fun!
 
 
 

No comments: